MR Firmware - 26.6.1 Stable Release Candidate

NolanHerring
Kind of a big deal

MR Firmware - 26.6.1 Stable Release Candidate

This came out today, version 26.6.1, although the changelog format looks very messy, copy/pasted below

Bug fixes

• Various fixes and security improvements

Known issues] downstream voip rtp packet loss (mr42/mr42e/mr52/mr53/mr53e/mr84) [mr-4800

•  

Known issues

• Sporadic packet loss & instability on Layer 3 roaming & Teleworker VPN SSID's (All MRs)

Known issues] reduced aggregate upload throughput on 2.4ghz radio for windows clients (802.11ax mrs) [mr-7730

•  

Known issues] eapol key 3 is not sent from ap in the ce regulatory domain to 802.11b/g clients on psk ssids (802.11ax mrs) [mr-8737

EDIT at 1/8/2020 at 4:00pm EST

So it looks like they have cleaned it up and now it shows this:

Bug fixes

Known issues

• Downstream VOIP RTP Packet Loss (MR42/MR42E/MR52/MR53/MR53E/MR84)
  • Sporadic packet loss & instability on Layer 3 roaming & Teleworker VPN SSID's (All MRs)
  • Reduced aggregate upload throughput on 2.4GHz radio for Windows clients (802.11ax MRs)
  • EAPOL Key 3 is not sent from AP in the CE regulatory domain to 802.11b/g clients on PSK SSIDs (802.11ax MRs)
Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn
24 REPLIES 24
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

It seems to have replaced 26.6 without fixing anything, is a new AP about to be released?

NolanHerring
Kind of a big deal

So it looks like they have cleaned it up and now it shows this:

BUG FIXES

KNOWN ISSUES

• Downstream VOIP RTP Packet Loss (MR42/MR42E/MR52/MR53/MR53E/MR84)
  • Reduced aggregate upload throughput on 2.4GHz radio for Windows clients (802.11ax MRs)
  • EAPOL Key 3 is not sent from AP in the CE regulatory domain to 802.11b/g clients on PSK SSIDs (802.11ax MRs)
TwitterLinkedIn

So the KNOWN ISSUES are the issues this release is supposed to fix or is it the issues that may occur once upgraded? And where can I also find a document listing out all the fixes/caveats?

thank you

NolanHerring
Kind of a big deal

As far as I know this is the only source of fixes/caveats. Known issues are bugs within the firmware version that will occur/can occur, and they are already aware of and hopefully will resolve in future fimware verions and will fall under the 'bug fixes' list.

However I'm annoyed that the bug fixes basically gives us no information at all.
TwitterLinkedIn
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

It has also become the stable version...!

pjc
A model citizen

Interesting. my dashboard is still saying 25.13 as the latest stable version. however, I had an alert to say that a couple of my networks are going to be upgraded to the latest stable 26.6.1....confused ?

AnythingHosted
Building a reputation

I've had the same, a couple networks have suggested moving to 26.6.1. 

I've upgraded our office to this version. I wonder if this is for an undisclosed security issue?

Diburaj
Comes here often

I have a recent deployment for MR55 and have changed to the version 26.6.1 and came across below issues .

1) The roaming between the APs are not seamless and the voice calls get a really bad clarity and some times with no audio with Cisco IP phones 8821

-> We have tested the calls using the other calling applications as well and the behavior seems to be similar ( the roaming of the clients take more time than usual.

-> This behavior is observed mainly  while roaming to and from MR55

-> The signal strength and the RF is checked and there is no issues found.

-> As a part of troubleshooting we have enabled a test SSID and broadcasted only on 2 APs and tried to roam between them, even that time i was recieving the oneway / no audio.

2) Intermittently random MR55 APs are loosing connectivity to the gateway.

-> Can anyone please let me know if any bugs are there related to this .

-> We have tried changing the ports and the cable.

Gumby
Getting noticed

"I have a recent deployment for MR55 and have changed to the version 26.6.1 and came across below issues ."

What was your previous version? I'm still back at 25.14 as my last attempt to go to 26.something caused 8821 roaming issues for us.
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

We use quite a few 8821s and the 26.x roaming issues we also had were resolved in about 26.4 for us.  We are on 26.6 and 26.6.1 depending on site and at least with 26.6 the issue has been resolved.  We'll learn this week whether 26.6.1 leaves it working or...

redsector
Head in the Cloud

I put now all my networks on 26.6.1 . No issues up to now.

Karl_Jacobsen
Getting noticed

It's interesting... I've checked/updated the firmware on my MR52's on a regular basis and I'm running 26.6 now. I got the e-mail from Meraki Support that says I'm scheduled to upgrade to 26.6.1 on 1/20/2020. I've been running Meraki for about 3 years now and I've never had my firmware upgrade for any Meraki device scheduled by Meraki Support. This along with the somewhat vague release notes as Nolan mentioned makes me wonder what's going on here.

I've had them tell me they are upgrading my firmware many times over the years for various devices (MX/MS/MR). That is normal. You can cancel/reschedule them if you go to the firmware settings page.
TwitterLinkedIn
maxwell
Comes here often

Per Meraki's support, 26.6.1 patches a few vulnerabilities. 

I guess we'll have to take their word for it 😃
TwitterLinkedIn
Bossnine
Building a reputation

I've upgraded a couple of sites to 26.6.1 with no apparent wifi issues so here's hoping that remains as I'd like to move the remaining over to that version as well.

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

We are running it on 4 sites so far, more migrating next week as so far, so good.

pjc
A model citizen

I see from the 1st Feb this is now the general release stable production release. 

Does anyone know if the known issue in v26.5 and earlier versions

" Issue under investigation where DHCP intermittently fails for bridge mode SSIDs (MR32) "

which is now not mentioned as a known issue, and also is not listed as a bug fix in this or previous subsequently releases is still an issue ?

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

We have quite a few MR32s across our estate and haven't got any DHCP issues related to the wireless.  We have been running 26.6.1 since it came out.

redsector
Head in the Cloud

Running on 18 sites with different sizes and different MR accesspoints. No issues.

pjc
A model citizen

@cmr @redsector  Thanks guys, that's reassuring.  @cmr  presumably you have bridged clients (external DHCP) using your MR32's ?

Thanks

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Yes multiple SSIDs in bridged mode using either MXs or Cisco IOS switches for the DHCP.  I checked and we have 20x MR32s running 26.6.1.

pjc
A model citizen

@cmr  That's great, thanks for confirming 👍

pimentelrobert1
Conversationalist

Hi,

I'm planning an upgrade to 26.6.1 for quite a few MR42s. It has been a few months since its release and I was wondering if anyone has any recent feedback from their environment running this FW.

I am currently on 25.13 and was thinking we would benefit from the newer more secure code (hopefully). Since the release notes are quite vague, I would like to hear your opinion. 

Thank you,

Robert 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels