MR AP is not generating traffic, how i can check the same

Mohit_Dhanjal
Getting noticed

MR AP is not generating traffic, how i can check the same

Hi All,

I have connected my meraki MR access point with Cisco access switch, this is totally non meraki implementation, apart from AP's, we are using all non meraki devices(Switch, routers and Firewall). 

After assign static IP to my meraki MR, security team is saying that, they are not getting any traffic or request generating by MR.

How i can check the same. my access point is trying to generate traffic or not.

Please share your suggestion.

Regards

Mohit Dhanjal

3 REPLIES 3
Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Do you have the MR connected to the dashboard yet or is that what you're trying to achieve?

If it's already in the dashboard, you can simply spin up an said, connect a client to it and send traffic.

If you're trying to get it connected to the dashboard, you can access the local status page (where you set the static IP) and check the connection status.

Under Access Point Details, you can see information about whether the MR can connect to the local network, the internet and the Meraki cloud.

If it has passed the initial local network, it will be sending ICMP and TCP packets to 8.8.8.8 and the Meraki Cloud. You should be able to see those on the perimeter firewall.

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Have you tried a packet capture?

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Try using the local status page on the MR and see what it is reporting.

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Tools_and_Troubleshooting/Using_the_Cisco_Me... 

Is it able to get an IP address?

Is it configured for a VLAN for management, but the switch does have a compatible configuration?

Is DNS working?

If any of the above three is broken you'll get no traffic at the firewall level.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels