Logout as a user from a Cisco Meraki network-auth.com hotspot

Max643
New here

Logout as a user from a Cisco Meraki network-auth.com hotspot

Hello,

the landlord in my appartement uses Cisco Meraki for the internet hotspot.

Is there a URL from which I as a user can logout my session so I don't have internet access until I login again with my login details?

Or is it possible for the landlord to provide this feature?

4 REPLIES 4
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I'm not aware of any URL you can use yourself to logout.

Its difficult to say for sure because there are so many ways of setting up guest access.  For example if a Meraki hosted splash page is being used then the administrator can revoke access.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/Splash_Page/Revoking_Splash_Page_Authorization

kYutobi
Kind of a big deal

It's difficult to say as @PhilipDAth explained because we don't know how you're authenticating and if it is a splash page he can revoke you. 

Enthusiast
Corsani
Here to help

It seems is not possible. I need to setup some public workstation in my library where many people can turn on.

I wrote to meraki support and they said meraki does not provide a way to logoff the user excluding forcing the logoff from administrator dashboard. That's crazy, I think.

I use my radius server authentication methond passing trough the meraki splash screen.

I tried to change the workstation mac address but seems does not works and for the splash screen timeout time there's no way to use the workstation with different user. When the first user login the couple user/device rest logged.

var-node
Conversationalist

It is indeed possible to logout a user from splash.

If you use "Sign-on with SMS Authentication", you can only do this via dashboard.

If you use "Click-through", this is network-auth.com, you can revoke a client via API.

Screenshot 2020-05-07 at 10.06.08.png

Let me know if you need help implementing this. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels