License

athan1234
Building a reputation

License

Hi

I have an issue with the Meraki license in this situation:

The clients want us to purchase three licenses, one of which is for his actual MX and two more licenses, one for a new MS (which has not yet claimed in the network) and one additional license for an MR.

I entered the license key and get a license issue.

Why ?

athan1234_0-1666083327590.png

5 REPLIES 5
MyHomeNWLab
A model citizen

It appears that the existing license has been overwritten by the new license.

(The number of devices has been overwritten by the new license.)

When you added your license, did you choose "Renew my Dashboard license"?

[Notes]

The Co-Term licensing method offers two options.

* License more devices
  Select 'License more devices' if you will be connecting more devices to the Meraki cloud.

* Renew my Dashboard license
  Select 'Renew my Dashboard license' if you wish to extend your current expiration date without adding more devices. NOTE: selecting this option will replace your Organization's license limit to match the applied license key.

Co-Term_20220819.jpg

athan1234
Building a reputation

Yes, I believe I decided to renew my Dashboard license.

The intention was to add the license to three particular devices.

When I choose the option to renew my Dashboard license, I believe I made a mistake.

The intention was to add the license to three particular devices.

I suppose if I choose this option, I would need to purchase more licenses for every device in my organization. For it, I make this error.

I would need to choose whether to license additional devices for my new MS125 and Mr.

But how can I update the MX license 
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You also added a mx enterprise lic where you previous had a adv sec license for a mx. (You cant mix them in a org)

Im not sure what happens if you remove the new lic. I would call support and discuss whats the best option and what you want to achieve

GreenMan
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

As previously indicated - you applied the license as a Renewal, when you should have used License more devices.   That would still have failed, as you would be attempting to add an Enterprise MX license to an Advanced Security Organization, which is not allowed.   You should roll back that license claim yourself - by clicking the red rollback icon next to that license key.   You will then need to RMA that license (contact the Cisco partner through which it was purchased) and order a replacement set of licences, replacing the Enterprise MX license with an otherwise matching Advanced Security one.
I'd also check to see if they want 3-year, rather than 1.  It's much more cost-effective, per-year, to go for multi-year.

athan1234
Building a reputation

I appreciate your response.

The rollback Enterprise were completed by the Meraki teams.

I struggle to comprehend the current circumstance.
Could someone please clarify this to me:
In relation to these 3 licenses: One each for the mx, Ms125, and MR.

athan1234_0-1666162534005.png

Why do I  see  two licenses limit  in MX?

What happens to the license if I wish to erase the Ms120-8Lp from my network?

Why does my device's license expiration date not appear in the license history?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels