Layer 3 roaming and RADIUS

GregD
Here to help

Layer 3 roaming and RADIUS

I've discovered what I think is a bug, but I want to see if anyone else has made this work.  I do have a support case open.

I've found that if I enable WPA2 RADIUS authentication on an SSID that is tunneled to a MX64W security appliance, that the Access Point doesn't actually send any RADIUS packets on authentication.  In fact I sniffed the traffic at my NPS server, and I don't see *any* port 1812 traffic, from either the security appliance or AP.  Has anyone else seen this?

I will say that the VLAN that the traffic is concentrated on in the security appliance is a VLAN that doesn't exist anywhere else on the network, it's just in the appliance for L3 roaming.  Internet access works perfectly through the security appliance if I don't try to use RADIUS auth.

1 Reply 1
skiver1234
New here

Found a similar issue yesterday. The radius server that i has set in access control changed to my radius accounting server. after i changed it back to the correct Ip address all worked. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels