L3 Roaming vs Local LAN

SOLVED
DavidH-NBH
Conversationalist

L3 Roaming vs Local LAN

We are having a heck of a time with dropped sessions on our RF scanners on our new MR76 APs.  It’s like they are not handing off from one AP to another cleanly.  Signal strength is good throughout our facilities, with no discernable dead zones, and it is pretty much across the board in all our locations.

Before we upgraded WAPs, we were running on a WEP network on old Cisco Aironet 123's, using L3 Roaming.  We are now using a WPA2 network but it was set up as Local LAN for IP management.  I know there are a gazillion other variables that may be in play, but could L3 vs Local LAN possibly be an issue, based on your experience?

Our use case is pretty simple - depending on the site we have 4-6 APs, 10-12 Zebra barcode scanners.   There is NO roaming between sites.  

Any insight would be appreciated.  TIA

DavidHNBH_0-1652277563835.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
DavidH-NBH
Conversationalist

Thanks for the suggestion, but we now have opened a formal support case.  I don't want to waste any more of your time on the issue, but I appreciate the comments and suggestions.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

A simple L2 roam should be the fastest and most reliable. Your issue is likely around the SSID RF config. Can you post your RF profile config for these APs?

Also, have you opened a Support case?

DavidH-NBH
Conversationalist

@Ryan_Miles, thanks for the quick response!  I have NOT opened a support case yet, was sorta hoping it was a basic fix.  Please forgive my ignorance, but what is best way to capture the config?  I  have not been able to see a way to export it into a shareable file format.  Or if I should just open a support case, please let me know. Thank you

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@DavidH-NBH if you just screenshot the page iand make sure there isn't anything confidential showing, you can post it here and we can help.

DavidH-NBH
Conversationalist

Thanks for the suggestion, but we now have opened a formal support case.  I don't want to waste any more of your time on the issue, but I appreciate the comments and suggestions.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels