Just Discovered the Sponsored Guest feature for WiFi Authencation

Cmiller
Building a reputation

Just Discovered the Sponsored Guest feature for WiFi Authencation

Not sure how i missed this as an option but I was super excited to discover it, Thanks @PhilipDAth 
In your article  you linked to the Sponcered Guest documentation and  it got me thinking, Would this be a good way to keep an audit log of who added a device on the "business WiFi"? I'm thinking in those SMBs without a RADIUS or even the smaller sites without a local domain. Anyone have some insights on using this method?

Planning on using this with a few of my Mom and Pop shops, I hope this feature will help others. 

2 REPLIES 2
kYutobi
Kind of a big deal

It is a good feature for simple authentication. As simple as user inputs email and the email receiving the authorization accepts it. Tested it and it's actually pretty cool.

Enthusiast
Cmiller
Building a reputation

Yeah I'm wanted to use it for logging mostly. Could also use it in a small IT department. When setting up a new laptop a tech has to let it send him an email to setup the new device on the current network. If you want to know who setup the device check the logs. Just seems like a cheap and easy way to help SMBs with an audit trail.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels