Increasing limit of 50 passphrases in Identity PSK without Radius

CWK_Rob
Getting noticed

Increasing limit of 50 passphrases in Identity PSK without Radius

I'm configuring a wireless network for one of our rental properties with 108 rental suites over 4 floors.

I have a group policy created for each unit, which assigns them to their own private network. I'm using Identity PSKs without Radius to put each tenant in their Group Policy, and thus private network. We have it set up in another of our smaller properties (48 Units) and it works great - allowing tenants to roam throughout the building and to common areas while still connected to their private network.

My problem is, the building has 108 rental suites and I'm limited to 50 PSKs per SSID. Is there any way Meraki Engineers can increase my limit for this use-case?  Has anyone found a way to work with this limitation?

4 Replies 4
KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

It is already increased to 5000:

https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/Encryption_and_Authentication/Wi-Fi_Personal_Network_(WPN)#Cavea...

You only have to go to beta version 29.1 or wait for it to become stable.

CWK_Rob
Getting noticed

@KarstenI Hi There!
I just created a test network, with one AP and upgraded its firmware to 29.2 beta.  I'm still limited on 50PSKs and I don't see the option for WPN that should be appearing directly under the selection for Identity PSK without Radius.

Has anyone out there got this to work in a test environment?

CWK_Rob
Getting noticed

Just found this in the guide:

Note: Please reach out to Meraki Support to have the WPN configuration available. It will be added only to the new version of the Access control page. If you are not using the new version yet, please click on ”View new version” in the top-right corner.

I'll give them a call 🙂

CWK_Rob
Getting noticed

Hi all,

I got the new version unlocked by meraki and deployed a network with 108 PSKs.

Read about my experience here:

https://community.meraki.com/t5/Wireless-LAN/First-WPN-deployment-with-greater-than-50-PSKs-My-exper...

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels