How often do guests have to enter their credentials?

sebbi
New here

How often do guests have to enter their credentials?

We plan on setting up a Meraki Guest WiFi for employees mobile phones etc as this gives us some pretty good management stuff.  Staff would logon via the splash page using the Meraki logon option.  If we change the "Splash Frequency" to 90 days does that mean they will only have to enter their credentials every 90 days or does it sill happen every day?  People will get very frustrated they have to enter it every day or so.

Here is some of my config.

Screen Shot 2018-11-17 at 10.22.17 am.pngScreen Shot 2018-11-17 at 10.23.56 am.png

2 REPLIES 2
NolanHerring
Kind of a big deal

That is how I understand it, but then again I've never set it up as I hate splash pages lol. If you want the simplest solution, just leave it open and no splash page, thus no friction. If you can't, well then you'll have to deal with the rigmarole of usernames/passwords etc.

That being said, this document here show's some information that might assist you.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/Splash_Page/Troubleshooting_the_Splash_Page_Appearance
Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn

Nolan,  Thanks for your input.  I need the individuals to login as I cant leave it open as we are in a high rise in a city centre.  I also like knowing what different devices are up to.  Thanks for the link to the article as I haven't come across that one.   It suggest I am on the right track.  Will test and let you know.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels