High Density Wi-Fi Deployments..

Solved
huud
Conversationalist

High Density Wi-Fi Deployments..

Hi,

I'm going through this document from Meraki (https://documentation.meraki.com/Architectures_and_Best_Practices/Cisco_Meraki_Best_Practice_Design/...) on high density WiFi deployments and am kind of lost what the number 25 refers to when calculating number of AP required based on client count. I read the entire page and could not find any reference, I'd highly appreciate if anyone having experience/understanding advise ?

Thank You

Capture.PNG

1 Accepted Solution
AaronP
Conversationalist

The only thing I can see is this reference above: 

Note: In order to ensure quality of experience it is recommended to have around 25 clients per radio or 50 clients per AP in high-density deployments.

That said, in my opinion if you're looking to do a wifi deployment, you have to do some sort of wifi site survey to determine optimal count and placement. Wall materials, density of seating, type of room (office vs conference room), other wireless devices, etc all play such huge roles when laying out wifi.

The good thing is with the fine grained radio controls and RX-SOP you can always go a little overboard and then tweak things from there.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
AaronP
Conversationalist

Note: In order to ensure quality of experience it is recommended to have around 25 clients per radio or 50 clients per AP in high-density deployments.

That said, in my opinion if you're looking to do a wifi deployment, you have to do some sort of wifi site survey to determine optimal count and placement. Wall materials, density of seating, type of room (office vs conference room), other wireless devices, etc all play such huge roles when laying out wifi.

The good thing is with the fine grained radio controls and RX-SOP you can always go a little overboard and then tweak things from there.

huud
Conversationalist

@AaronP wrote:

Appreciate pointing that out, read that but never fully noticed that.

Thanks again, now I have a starting point.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels