Facing issue in connecting one Particular SSID with DHCP error in MR33

singhpradeep25
New here

Facing issue in connecting one Particular SSID with DHCP error in MR33

I am using MR33 AP in my infra. All AP's are working fine without any issue. But all of sudden users start facing issue in connecting the one SSID named Mobility . Users some time get connected but most of the time users are not getting connected with this SSID. Users are not getting IP from DHCP. Let me tell you some network setup.

I am using a Firewall and DHCP server configured on it. All SSID and AP are connected in single range. My DHCP scope is free with enough IP addresses. Only single Mobility SSID is creating issue . Users get connected successfully with other SSID in same DHCP server. even my wired connection is also working fine .

Let tell about SSID Config.

SSID  enabled with WPA key . There is Group Policy for OS enabled on it means only Window OS machine get connect with this SSID. We also enabled some Firewall L3 rules on it means user only get connect those specific IP's.

Generally these IPs are VPN Gateway IP's. User will first connect SSID and then connect company VPN to get the internet access or other Access. error logs are below .

Client made a request to the DHCP server, but it did not respond

type='NO DHCP response' associated='true' radio='1' vap='1' 

Please help me to get this issue resolve. 

Thanks !

Regards

Pradeep

1 Reply 1
Russ_B
Getting noticed

I noticed you said "We also enabled some Firewall L3 rules on it means user only get connect those specific IP's."  Do your L3 firewall rules allow access to the DHCP server?  The first time I tried using L3 rules to lock down a machine I forgot to explicitly allow DHCP and DNS.

Russ

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels