Ekahau Wireless Design tool

SobyKuruvilla
Getting noticed

Ekahau Wireless Design tool

Hi All,

Just wanted to check, Whether Ekahau Pro 10.1.3 software can be installed on a Windows server or on a VDI rather than on a laptop or desktop for performing a predictive offline wireless survey? 

If yes, Whether anyone here has done it already ? 

https://support.ekahau.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004477208-System-Requirements-and-Software-Limitatio...

Thanks in advance for your valuable response.

Rgds,

Soby

4 REPLIES 4
DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Hi @SobyKuruvilla ive never used a server to run the software but I would say it should load and run fine.  The requirements look to be based on the software being used for live on site surveys.

The following snippet suggests that a desktop computer is sufficient for planning and would therefore deduce that a server would be fine:

Laptop computer (required for recording surveys, a desktop computer is sufficient planning and analysis

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.

Thank you for the quick response..

I am also not seeing any issue of installing it on a server or VDI .. Just wanted to check if someone here has already done it and using it for planning & analysis purpose .

Looking for Server option because of the limited software license and multiple engineers to use the same software remotely for predictive survey purpose. So, it would be good to have the software on a central server from an availability , redundancy, maintenance , security perspectives.

NolanHerring
Kind of a big deal

Not for nothing but your probably going to be better off asking Ekahau themselves, since this is a Meraki forum 😃
Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn

yes. Of course 🙂 .. waiting for the faster response 🙂 from Meraki or Ekahau 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels