Drag and drop of photos occasionally fails on first attempt

Solved
ArneBier
Here to help

Drag and drop of photos occasionally fails on first attempt

Hi

we like to have a photo against each AP location to allow the team to locate it easier. When I drag the image (.jpg) to the Dashboard, in 80% of cases it accepts it first time around. But other times it gets really stubborn and just refuses. I am using the same browser (Firefox) for all APs. When this happens, I have to re-try around 3 to 4 times before Dashboard accepts the photo. I give it time to upload etc. - it's not due to rushing the task.  I always update my browser when there is an update (Chrome and Firefox). Happens on both.  Just seems flakey to me.

Any ideas why this happens?

meraki-ap-photo.PNG

1 Accepted Solution
NolanHerring
Kind of a big deal

Sounds like its just a glitch, but might want to try IE or Edge just in case.
Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
NolanHerring
Kind of a big deal

Sounds like its just a glitch, but might want to try IE or Edge just in case.
Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn

Hi @NolanHerring  - I have another batch of APs to work on today - I will give it another go. But this has happened in the last three of my installs. It wasn't on one day only.  And these things should be browser agnostic. If I had a Dollar every time someone told me to use another browser (with respect to a Cisco product) then I'd be a millionaire. You don't hear people saying that Facebook only works best with Chrome. In my experience, certain network vendors write shoddy code and then force us to use a certain browser because they couldn't get it right across the board.

#rant_over. But I am not imagining this.

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@ArneBieractually our marketing team begged us to install Chrome because Facebook doesn't work properly in Internet Explorer.... 😛

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels