Disconnected from ap.meraki.com status page after 2 minutes

JamesWynen
Here to help

Disconnected from ap.meraki.com status page after 2 minutes

To check access point connection stats I use ap.meraki.com. Works fine for 2 minutes then dumps me out of the page only connection remains with "likely not connected to Meraki Access point" Sometimes the stats appear as unformatted simple text then dumps me off the page.  Both 2.4 and 5 RF.  on all 35 AP's are MR32's and MR72's.  Latest firmware for APs, and Switches. Occurs on iPhone 12 latest iOS.

if I drop wifi and reconnect, and go to the address again it works again for 2 minutes then dumps me.

Not a major issue but annoying when checking RF strength.

Thanks

James

9 Replies 9
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@JamesWynen to compare, I just went to ap.meraki.com and it stayed connected for several minutes.  This is on an MR56 running 27.6 and accessed via Chrome in Android 10.

Are you running the latest supported firmware on the MRs - 26.8.1?

Yes. 26.8.1.  However the ap page is stable on a computer : windows 10, using chrome as a browser.

also as a note the Meraki speed test link within safari on iOS does not give a result. Just spins.  (works on the pc just gives and antiquated 75+)

iOS is the latest 14. 

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@JamesWynen have you tried Chrome on IOS?  I know it shares a lot with Safari when on IOS, but I've often found it fixes failed websites.

Same result and action with iOS chrome. Not critical but still curious and annoyingly. Guess I will just carry the laptop Around for now. Hopefully someone will search for similar issue and have found a resolution. I’ll find an Android a check that. 

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@JamesWynen out of interest have you disabled MAC randomisation for the SSID you are connected to?  As that is a new IOS14 feature, it might be worth playing with.

That indeed is great idea but there has been trouble with that on the network already (I have it off)  and I have asked everyone to turn the privacy setting off for our SSID’s. 

FYI - The randomization has made some people unable to log back on even manually unless Wi-Fi paused and started again when moving between AP’s and they get dropped.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Any chance you have another non-Meraki AP advertising the same SSID?

It sounds like your machine is roaming to it, which is why you are getting the warning about not being connected to a Meraki AP.

You could prove this by powering down the Meraki AP and see if your machine remains connected to something else.

No it’s all Meraki and I am still connected to the AP. lol.  Can’t refresh it.  But can refresh before my 1-2 minutes is up.  Then I have to quit and rejoin the network. Then works for 1-2 minutes.  I’ll have to look at the logs or something to glean more info hopefully it logs attempts to do this action on the  access point

I did a test and left my machine connected to ap.meraki.com (an MR42 in my case) for about 2 hours.  No issue.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels