Content filtering on a specific SSID or user

Sandra_Linares
Here to help

Content filtering on a specific SSID or user

Hello!

Our client are implemented several categories in content filtering that they are applied in all SSID enabled.

We need to know if it is possible that this content filtering is applied on a specific SSID or on a specific user. For example, social media category it could be eliminated for 1 SSID and enabled for the others?

Thank you so much,
Kind regards!!

10 Replies 10
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Are you talking about MX wireless o MR? If it's an MX you can only apply It per VLAN.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

By the way, you can create a group policy and apply it to the specific client.

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Cross-Platform_Content/Creating_and_Applying...

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Hi!

We have tried to implementing a policy group and it's not working properly.

In our case we are implementing in the Content filtering the category "Social Networking" and we need to authorize one user to use "Social Networking". But it's not working.

Thanks

Content filtering will not work on Wireless, It's just for MX. On wireless just Layer 7 rules will work.

Ok, I understand but if I apply Layer 7 rules in MR for 1 SSID, this SSID is not to have consider the content filtering configuration in the MX?

Thanks for your help!!

Do you have an MX?

Yes, I have a MX where I configure content filtering.

I have implemented content filtering to block social media websites for everybody and now I want to permit 1 user to acces social media websites.

Is it possible to do?

Yes, if MX is your default gateway for the VLAN this SSID is using, you can apply the group policy directly on the target VLAN.

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Cross-Platform_Content/Creating_and_Applying...

Hi!

How could I configure the options of group policy? I can't change the general content filtering implementing in MX for all SSID's but I need some users (is exceptional) can access category Social Networking and Professional Networking.

Thank you so much!

I think you can find all the information on Meraki documentation:

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels