Connection error MR46 / FW 27.X

Ristridin
Comes here often

Connection error MR46 / FW 27.X

Dear all,

I´m experiencing connection issues with my FireTV stick 4K since upgrading from MR53 to MR46 with latest firmware 27.X and enabling WPA3 transition mode. FireTV stick is not able to aquire an IP address, after a reboot of the MR46, connection is possible again.

Greetings!

5 Replies 5
GIdenJoe
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Not all devices will accept a transition mode WPA2/3, especially IoT devices.

I suggest you try to circumvent the most obvious issue and try another SSID with WPA2 only and see if it connects there.

If you have wireless capture tool you could try to see what your device does, but usually in this case you'll see the client not even bothering to send an auth request frame because it did not like what was in the probe response.

If that helps then you could check for the Firestick support if there is a software version that fixes this.

Edit: I didn't notice your problem went away after rebooting the MR.

But does it keep working?  Maybe disconnect your TV first and try re-connecting.

@GIdenJoe wrote:

Not all devices will accept a transition mode WPA2/3, especially IoT devices.

I suggest you try to circumvent the most obvious issue and try another SSID with WPA2 only and see if it connects there.

-> Will do that and report back, maybe the transistion mode is causing the issue

If you have wireless capture tool you could try to see what your device does, but usually in this case you'll see the client not even bothering to send an auth request frame because it did not like what was in the probe response.

If that helps then you could check for the Firestick support if there is a software version that fixes this.

-> latest firmware is already installed

Edit: I didn't notice your problem went away after rebooting the MR.

But does it keep working?  Maybe disconnect your TV first and try re-connecting.

-> after rebooting the MR every evening, the FireTV stick is connecting again

SoCalRacer
Kind of a big deal

MR53 with FW 27.1 - Working?

MR46 with FW 27.1 - Not Working?

Where is DHCP being run from?

What is upstream from the MR?

Can you give it a DHCP reservation and does that resolve it?

@SoCalRacer wrote:

MR53 with FW 27.1 - Working?

MR46 with FW 27.1 - Not Working?

-> correct, maybe the WPA3 transistion mode is causing that.

Where is DHCP being run from?

-> MX84 is running the DHCP

What is upstream from the MR?

-> MS250

Can you give it a DHCP reservation and does that resolve it?

-> Reservation is set, I will report back.

status quo:

since giving the amazon fire tv stick a static dhcp lease, it works so far...I will report back soon.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels