Configure a meraki MR33

lakshi
Here to help

Configure a meraki MR33

Hello, i just bought a cisco Meraki MR33 access point and also have the device serial number and also have an email account....all i need to know is how to configure this device when i connect the device to my laptop through a network cable?

Thanks

11 REPLIES 11
NolanHerring
Kind of a big deal

The MR33 (like all Meraki gear) just needs Internet access. The configuration for the AP is done on the dashboard. When you add the device to your organization (claim it) it should show up as being offline. Once you give it Internet access it will reach out and you'll see it come online, then it will pull down any configs you do on the dashboard for it.
Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn

How do i enter wifi access point name and password?

NolanHerring
Kind of a big deal

The SSID name and password? Log into your dashboard first, do you see the AP online?

Here is a quick start guide:

https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/MR_Quick_Start
TwitterLinkedIn

this is my dashboard screen that shows wifi name PAPITA_DOWN which i need to change, also change password..pls guide medashboarddashboard

NolanHerring
Kind of a big deal

That screenshot looks strange. I don't see any menu options on the left side.

You should see this wireless tab underneath the network you created and added the AP to.

111111.JPG

TwitterLinkedIn

i reseted the device by holding the reset button and i have not connected the device to the net...is that why i dont see the menu on the left side?

This device was setup by a technician in my absence and i wanted to change wifi name and password....how do i do that?
NolanHerring
Kind of a big deal

Did you purchase a license with the MR33? It won't work without it. Not 100% sure why your not seeing any menu options but my best guess is that you have no devices on your Org/Network. You can't configure this AP unless it is claimed and added into the Org your logged into.
TwitterLinkedIn

Ok, i will contact the technician who configured it
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

ask your tech guy to make you admin. looks like your in some monitor only mode

lakshi
Here to help

ok ill do that...
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels