Cisco rftool WiFi Planner

Solved
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Cisco rftool WiFi Planner

Has anyone used the Cisco rftool for a real project?

https://rftool.cisco.com/

It seems ok from playing with it, and is 1/10 of the cost of things like Ekahau Site Survey Pro.  It only supports Cisco APs (including Meraki) but that is not a problem for me.

1 Accepted Solution
MerakiDave
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Yes Sir, I used to use it a bunch years ago and it was adequate for predictive site surveys, the more effort you put into it the better the results, but there are other products that certainly do better or are easier to work with.  The last few years been using Ekahau, so my usage of the RF Planner has been little (ok, none) the last couple years.  I'm not a frequent heavy user doing tons of site surveys, since that's typically a paid professional service done by partners, but from the several that I have done, it seems you get what you pay for with ESSP.  But if it fits your needs, I've typically had solid results with RF Planner.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
MerakiDave
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Yes Sir, I used to use it a bunch years ago and it was adequate for predictive site surveys, the more effort you put into it the better the results, but there are other products that certainly do better or are easier to work with.  The last few years been using Ekahau, so my usage of the RF Planner has been little (ok, none) the last couple years.  I'm not a frequent heavy user doing tons of site surveys, since that's typically a paid professional service done by partners, but from the several that I have done, it seems you get what you pay for with ESSP.  But if it fits your needs, I've typically had solid results with RF Planner.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels