Channel 6 (2.4GHz ) utilized 100% without any 2.4Ghz end devices

Dhanushkah
Here to help

Channel 6 (2.4GHz ) utilized 100% without any 2.4Ghz end devices

Hi Guys,

Today i noticed one AP's 22.4.PNG.4Ghz Channel fully utilized without connect any 2.4GHz user devices.

What would be the issue?

7 Replies 7
KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Channel utilization is not only your traffic, it is also the usage of everything around you. How do channels 1 and 11 look like? Perhaps it's better to switch to one of them. Or the best solution: Kick all 2.4only devices out of the network. But I am also far away of succeeding with that with all the IoT stuff ...

We Identified there are lot of Mobile Hotspot in this environment. If there is any affect from those mobile hotspot to the meraki network?  

KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

They likely also use the 2.4 band. This is a problem, especially when they have a bad default config like many of these devices have.

What is your recommendation for this kind of issues? However i already instruct disable all the mobile hotspot.

KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Are these the hotspots of your users? Why do they use them? Sounds like an organisational problem. Do you have an SSID for the users personal devices? If yes they probably will not try to use their hotspots.

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The best thing we did is ditch 2.4ghz, company owned devices all support 5ghz so the only issue was personal phones which wasn't a concern for me. 

The only IOT we have is Meraki MT sensors. 

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If you have no 2.4Ghz user devices (as indicated), you can ignore this issue.  It will be someone else's problem.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels