Bonjour Forwarding Meraki and Sonicwall

Netwow
Building a reputation

Bonjour Forwarding Meraki and Sonicwall

We have a Meraki WLAN that we are managing.  Another provider is managing the LAN (unmanaged switches with a Sonicwall). Only Meraki APs and switches are on the WLAN and no LAN devices are conntected to the Meraki switches. The L3 routing is from the Sonicwall.  When we first installed the WLAN we enabled Bonjour Forwarding on 1 of the SSIDs . The airplay services would connect (specifically reflector services) . We found that the Sonicwall was misconfigured.  After turning off the forwading on the SSID and properly confinguring forwarding on the Sonicwall., reflector services function as expected. However the printers would not printer via air play . I found that once configured with a static ip they would. The Sonicwall vendor now wants to turn Bonjour Forwarding on the meraki wlan as well as the sonicwall. 

Correct me if i am wrong please but if they have configured Mutlicast traffic to go from the lan to the wlan on the sonicwall and the ssid is configured to forward Bonjour (mdns) to the LAN . Isn't that creating a loop?

Yes network is flat valn 1 . 

2 Replies 2
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Netwow
Building a reputation

Yes i read this and forwarded it to the managed service provider of the Sonicwall. I was hoping to get some feedback from someone who might have implemented the same scenario.  

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels