Bandwidth consumption

nst1
Building a reputation

Bandwidth consumption

I have a doubt,

For example, I want a user to only use x amount of megabytes or gigabytes, it is possible that a user if he used 10 mb cannot use more mb or gb, similar to a cell phone if the cell phone has 1gb when this gb is empty on the cell phone does not navigate.

This is possible with meraki ???

3 Replies 3
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Not natively.

You would have to use a third party solution.  If this is for guest WiFi then splashaccess.com have a solution that can do something like this.

nst1
Building a reputation

I understand, this helps me a lot

GreenMan
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Not natively, as far as I'm aware.

It might be possible to build something along these lines, using the API, but I can see plenty of difficulties with doing that.

I'm more thinking;  why would you want to limit a user, in that way? - if your concern is over impact on key business operations, then shorter time intervals of monitoring are much more important.

Taking your own number as an example, 1 GB is only around 90 Kbps, so that usage is very unlikely to affect your business applications, unless it all occurs in a short time interval.   I would have thought that limiting clients or bandwidth-hungry & non-business appliactions to a specific traffic celing would be a much better way of ensuring bandwidth is best used.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels