Alternating high/low Non-802.11 traffic (interference)

pjc
A model citizen

Alternating high/low Non-802.11 traffic (interference)

Hello all

I have a site where 3 of the 8 AP's (MR32's) on site have chosen (auto radio band) channel 1 on 2.4ghz to use.

I have just noticed I am seeing spikes up to approx 70% on the ch1 2.4ghz band for Non-802.11 traffic for approx 3 seconds, and then it drops back down to 0% again.  See below:

Capture1.PNG

then 2-3 secs later

Capture2.PNG

and continues every 2-3 secs.

anyone else seen behaviour like this before, and if so what was it ?

Thanks in advance

Paul

2 REPLIES 2
SoCalRacer
Kind of a big deal

Do you have any nearby device that would cause interference, reference the below link.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/WiFi_Basics_and_Best_Practices/Common_Sources_of_Wireless_Interf...

pjc
A model citizen

Thanks SoCalRacer.  I had previously read that article, but thanks for pointing it out.

I was really after some real world experiences from others, in that the 3 seconds up/down cycling would rule some of those devices in the list (microwaves, cordless phones etc)

I think I'll need to visit again and try and zone in on the problem.  It is seen strongly by 3 of the 8 AP's (I had set all 8 to ch1 and checked in RF spectrum in the dashboard), so it looks isolated to a particular area, hopefully that will help

Thanks

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels