Active Directory Verification failing - Incorrect Password

SOLVED
Zmalayney
Conversationalist

Active Directory Verification failing - Incorrect Password

I am having an issue where AD verification is failing, stating that the users password is incorrect. 

I have Meraki MR33 access points setup with a PSK and a splash page to sign out with AD. When some users are going to sign in with the on the splash page they are getting an access denied error. I went and logged into the Meraki dashboard and verified that there wasn't an issue between the AP's and the AD server that is being used to verify with my credentials. I then had one of the users having the problem try to verify their credentials and they get an incorrect password error. I then had the user log out of the system and relog in to verify they were using the correct credentials. They logged in with no issues. 

Why is the verification failing when the correct credentials are being used?

---------------------------------------------------------------------

- We recently moved to a hybrid AD environment where one AD server is in the cloud the other is in a managed hosting environment. I am using the managed hosting environment AD server to verify.

- The user hasn't changed their password since moving to this new environment, 

- I did see this error on my own account when I was setting up the AP's and was able to resolve it by resetting my PW on the AD server. I would like to not have my users to have to reset their PWs if possible. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

As for the Security logs it said that the password is expired, after talking to our server guy, we discovered that the cloud AD and the hosted AD have different password expiries on them. 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

So you are saying it is failing intermittently?  It sometimes works and sometimes doesn't?

What does the security log of the AD controller report during a failure?

No, for this user it is failing everytime. Some users don't seem to be affected by this

As for the Security logs it said that the password is expired, after talking to our server guy, we discovered that the cloud AD and the hosted AD have different password expiries on them. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels