Access points lose connectivity to meraki dashboard

MikeDup
Here to help

Access points lose connectivity to meraki dashboard

We have multiple meraki MR46 wireless access points that lose connectivity to the meraki dashboard, yet they do not lose internal switch connectivity and still service clients.  

All APs are running version MR 28.6

Thanks

8 Replies 8
Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

28.6 is a bit older and deprecated at this point. You should upgrade to the latest stable and then monitor if the issue still occurs. 28.7 and beyond specifically have fixes for AP to cloud connectivity. 

If yes, open a Support case.

We are planning to upgrade after the first of the year, as we are currently in a configuration freeze until after Christmas.  I'm hoping that will fix the issue.  Thanks

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Do you have a firewall on your network?

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

We have a Meraki MX250.  We have additional APs not having this issue and all are running the same version of code.  Was thinking possibly individual AP issue, but they do not lose physical network connectivity and continue to serve clients.  They just lose connectivity to the Meraki dashboard, which reports them as down.  Thanks

CraigBowden
Just browsing

We had this issue for a while.  Strangely enough the fix was to start clearing the ARP and MAC address tables in our core switches (End of life Nexus 3K).

Thanks for the info.

Shawn_Kingston
Here to help

We experienced this same issue (there are a couple other threads for this exact issue) and the upgrade to 28.7 fixed it for us. It is a known issue with the 28.6.

Appreciate the info.  a code upgrade is scheduled for the beginning of the year.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels