AP showing as offline on Portal

AxL1971
Building a reputation

AP showing as offline on Portal

Has anyone had the issue where AP's are showing as offline on the portal, yet I can PING them from our internal network and all operational.

For us, this was across multiple networks/sites so not specific to one network.

Was there an issue with the portal in the past 12 hours ?

AxL1971_0-1649409789468.png

Another network 

AxL1971_1-1649409839119.png

10 REPLIES 10
MarcP
Kind of a big deal

Had the same problem with a single device yesterday afternoon... (18hours ago).

Seems like there are some bugs in the dashboard at the moment:
https://community.meraki.com/t5/Wireless-LAN/Again-dashboard-problems/m-p/145623 

Agus
Getting noticed

Hi,

I have 3 meraki but running well until now, is it possible internet connection/internet provider connect to meraki dashboard/cloud? 

Thanks

MarcP
Kind of a big deal

What you mean?

"is it possible internet connection/internet provider connect to meraki dashboard/cloud? "

Agus
Getting noticed

hi,

sorry as i experience, when my internet provider problem so the device detect down/offline on dashboard, if internet connection working well it should be access point show online on dashboard, sorry for make confusing 

MarcP
Kind of a big deal

As the Dashboard is not local, this is the normal behaviour, yes 🙂

Gewessler
Conversationalist

Same...

Gewessler_1-1649417898847.png

Jeizzen
Getting noticed

Maybe related to Meraki info in 'Release Notes' of recent MX, MR firmwares

Important note

• Meraki APs use UDP port 7351 for cloud communication and TCP ports 80 and 443 for backup communications when running MR 27 and older firmware. When running MR 28 firmware, Meraki APs will now use TCP port 443 as the primary means for cloud connectivity. In order to maintain connectivity to the Meraki cloud on MR 28+ ensure that TCP port 443 is allowed to communicate with 209.206.48.0/20 on firewalls that are deployed upstream of your Meraki APs. (Wi-Fi 6 MRs)

Or if you're in Europe (eventhough it has been resolved):

https://community.meraki.com/t5/Meraki-Service-Notices/Dashboard-connectivity-in-Europe-region/ba-p/...

AxL1971
Building a reputation

Our firewall allows TCP port 443 to communicate with 209.206.48.0/20

AxL1971
Building a reputation

been ongoing this issue all day .. up and down like a yo-yo

I guess need to open a case

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels