AP Reboot Logs

DAF
Comes here often

AP Reboot Logs

Hi,

I can see from the AP status page that there was some connectivity issues/disconnection. My APs get their IPs through DHCP, is there any way that I could see what IP they had prior to the disconnection/reboot. I think the IP had been changed but I cant seem to find a way to see the IP lease history. 

5 Replies 5
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Do you have tried to filter event types?

alemabrahao_0-1648574384061.png

What is the lease time on your DHCP server?

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
DAF
Comes here often

the lease time is a day.

EJN
A model citizen

They are likely getting the same IP after reboot, unless you have a more unique DHCP configuration. 

Esteban J Nunez
School and Church
K-12 Education
DAF
Comes here often

I can see one of the APs released its IP and leased a new one. is this normal? Checking the logs, I can see:dhcp release, dhcp lease, dhcp problem: extra: no_offers_received, and then dhcp lease, ... checking that specific AP status, I cant see any connectivity issue on the day that it released its IP. 

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

No, It's not normal. Try to reserve the IP via MAC on your DHCP server.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels