27.3 released and being pushed out already

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

27.3 released and being pushed out already

As mentioned in another thread by @AnythingHosted  27.3 has been released and has the below fixes and issues:

Bug fixes

• Reduced aggregate upload throughput on 2.4 & 5GHz radio for Windows clients (MR45/MR55)
  • Malformed packets received by the BLE radio may cause the MR to reboot (MR42/MR52/MR53/MR84)
  • Wireless clients passing minimal amounts of traffic may be displayed as wired clients (All MRs)
  • If a client roamed from an MR, and then after 5 minutes roamed back to the original MR, the association was rejected on 802.11w-required SSIDs (802.11ax MRs)
  • Interoperability issues with some older clients and/or drivers resulted in the clients getting into states where they could not pass any traffic (802.11ac Wave 2 MRs)
  • Scanning radio could enter an invalid state and lead to the MR rebooting (802.11ac Wave 2 MRs)

Known issues

• Under certain conditions, successful WPA2-PSK connections are reported as failed under Wireless Health event logs (All MRs)
  • Downstream VOIP RTP Packet Loss (MR42/MR42E/MR52/MR53/MR53E/MR84)
  • Sporadic packet loss & instability on Layer 3 roaming & Teleworker VPN SSID's (All MRs)

I received an email from Meraki support at 17:03 (UTC+1) saying that all my 27.2 networks would be upgraded over the next week to 10 days, so they must be pretty keen to bin 27.2!

9 REPLIES 9
JohnD
Getting noticed

• Interoperability issues with some older clients and/or drivers resulted in the clients getting into states where they could not pass any traffic (802.11ac Wave 2 MRs)

Wow I thought I was going crazy. Ever since 27.2, all sorts of Apple devices have been doing this while connected to my MR42 but not my MR56.

Overall though the 27.x series seems golden if you have WiFi 6 APs. The MR56 easily got 20-25% faster aggregate throughput with my devices compared to 26.x, which is making them perform more comparably to consumer high end mesh routers like the 8x8 Orbi.

(I know in an enterprise world we might laugh at those devices, but those expensive consumer products seem to perform extremely well)

CptnCrnch
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Upgrade went smooth on MR42 and MR45. Everything back online looking good.

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Excellent @CptnCrnch , it has gone smoothly for us so in summary it has been installed on:

MR33

MR42

MR52

MR45

MR55

MR36

MR56

Not bad I'd say 🙂

Hi John,

I got the same problem with 5x MR52 and one MR84 thinking that my Apple devices was hardware fault, changed motherboard on one MacBook Air Retina explaining at the Apple store that the physical wireless layer link speed between my Apple device and the Meraki AP was random dropping less than 13mb/s...

Back from the Apple store with a new Mac and same problem, crazy....

Did 27.3 fix it for you? I was surprised because the release notes made it sound like a small set of legacy devices but I saw it across 3 of the latest generation Macbook Pros, the behavior went away after the 27.3 update.

No, upgrade the Macbook motherboard with 27.2 and got same problem.

Upgrade to 27.3 and still have the same problem...

That seems like a different problem. The bug I was seeing was that these devices would totally stop passing traffic, not just slow/intermittent performance.

WB
Building a reputation

Hey John,

Do you have many running AX clients on the network as well or just have .ax enabled on your MRs?

JohnD
Getting noticed

About 1/3 of my clients are AX — iPhones, 2020 iPad Pros, and Intel Ax200/201s. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels