switch local status page show connected to cloud but dashboard is showing that switch is not

nflnetwork29
Here to help

switch local status page show connected to cloud but dashboard is showing that switch is not

i dont even know where to begin troubleshooting this issue 

any help is appreciated. 

i have triple checked the serial # and it is correct  .

3 REPLIES 3
nflnetwork29
Here to help

been on hold 30+ mins for support what a joke

So you have claimed and added that switch (serial number confirmed) into a network within your ORG and its showing offline (never connected). The local status page is showing connected to cloud though?
Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Does the switch have a "white" colour led on the front?

Double check the serial number of the switch in the local status page matches that in the dashboard.

On the local status page it says what network the switch is connected to.  Is this correct and does it match the network you are looking at?

Does the switch saying it is upgrading firmware by chance?  With a brand new switch it can take up to 40 minutes to come online the very first time.  This is because it goes through a firmware upgrade process to match the firmware configured for that network.

Typically I plug in the switches 24 hours before I plan to install them to mitigate this process.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels