recommedned firmware

Mabouzid
Just browsing

recommedned firmware

Please i need to know the latest recommended firmware for Meraki Catalyst (C9300X-12Y-M)

also Please  i need download link for recommend release 

thanks 

9 Replies 9
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If it is a -M switch then it is already set for Meraki mode so you can use either CS16.9 (stable release), CS17.1.3 (stable release candidate) or IOS XE 17.15.1.9 (beta release where the Meraki management is no longer in a container on top of IOS-XE, but native.  Just go to Organisation/Firmware Upgrades in the dashboard and schedule an upgrade.

thanks for your update , so is IOS XE better than CS17.1.3 my current firmware ?

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Not necessarily.  It is a brand new beta and is the way all Meraki firmware will be as the future unfolds.  But, it is very new and does have quite a lot of limitations at the moment.  Read the release notes and check it is suitable for you.

rhbirkelund
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If using a C9300 in Meraki persona you don't have the concept of IOS-XE versions anymore. Firmware is handled in the the Meraki Dashboard, and uses CS software trains. In Meraki Person, you don't have access to the console anyway, so you wouldn't be able to apply IOS-XE firmwares anyway.

At the moment CS16.9 is the Stable version with CS17.1.3 as Stable RC. Overall, these versions have nothing to do with IOS-XE such as 17.9.6 or 17.12.4.

Whether going with Stable or Stable RC really depends on your requirements. But both versions are fully supported by Meraki Support.

That being said, the CS software internally does have some ties to IOS-XE software. But in general, a C9300 in Meraki persona, is to be regarded as any other Meraki switch - and not a Cisco Catalyst, as we did previously.

LinkedIn ::: https://blog.rhbirkelund.dk/

Like what you see? - Give a Kudo ## Did it answer your question? - Mark it as a Solution 🙂

All code examples are provided as is. Responsibility for Code execution lies solely your own.

thanks for your update , so there isn't issue from running CS 17.1.3  Right?

In principle, no.

Like what you see? - Give a Kudo ## Did it answer your question? - Mark it as a Solution 🙂

All code examples are provided as is. Responsibility for Code execution lies solely your own.

what you mean with In principle, no. is that mean , not recommended 

i see at the meraki it is stable release candidate CS 17.1.3 , also is it must to move to  IOS-XE such as 17.9.6 or 17.12.4.?? but currently i am not able to access the device CLI

If you refer to the release notes for CS16 and CS17, there are a number of fixes and caveats (as there are with all firmware versions). Depending on your requirements and need of features it is your decision to use CS16 or CS17. I can't recommend what you should or shouldn't use. It's up to your deployment.

With a 9300 in Meraki Persona you do not have access to the CLI - this is disabled. All firmware management is done on the Meraki Dashboard.

CS16 software is based on IOS-XE 17.9.6.

CS17.1.3 is based on IOS-XE 17.12.3.

Again, in a Meraki context, you no longer have the concept of IOS-XE versioning, other than what the CS firmware is built on.

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@rhbirkelund for stable and stable release candidate you are correct, but the beta is IOS-XE with Meraki management built into the base code, so we will be heading back to IOS-XE versions soon... 😉

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels