ip helper

Felix_Mugambi
Here to help

ip helper

Hello guys, do we have ip-helper configuration on meraki switches?

6 REPLIES 6
jroegner
Conversationalist

Hi Felix,

click on Switch --> Configure --> Routing & DHCP

Then click "Create an interface" Even on a L2 Switch you can create an interface in the VLAN you need and configure a DHCP Relay address.

Regards 

Johannes

MarcP
Kind of a big deal

Should only be possible in MX´s

BrechtSchamp
Kind of a big deal

@jroegner is correct. Possible in both MX and MS's (L2 and L3 models). For the switches it's called DHCP relay in the specs.

Dave_S
Here to help

But do you need to enter in an interface IP and, if so what exactly is it looking for?  

Crocker
Building a reputation

For the MS - It's looking for an interface in the subnet/VLAN you want to listen for DHCP requests in, and will then relay those requests (using the interface's IP), to the DHCP servers it's configured to relay to.

So, for example, I have 3 VLANS called VLAN 100, 140 & 150, with IP addresses of 172.28.100.x, 172.28.140.x & 172.28.150.x.  My DHCP server is in VLAN 51 at 172.28.51.x, and the switch is on mgmt VLAN 31 or 172.28.31.x.  For the Routing and DHCP, do I create in interface in each of the vlans, so like 172.28.100.5, 172.28.140.5 & 172.28.150.5 for example pointing to my DHCP server, or would I just use 1 IP for all interfaces in the switch's VLAN 31, forwarding DHCP requests tagged with the VLAN ID to the DHCP server?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels