connecting to dell switch LAG/ LLDP

Jason1
Here to help

connecting to dell switch LAG/ LLDP

HI I have setup a LAG to my Dell switch stack.

I have put port 5/6 on MS120 into a LAG , On the Dell stack I have created a LAG with port 23 on both switches in my switch Stack. (g1/23 & g2/23).

Now when I look at the Meraki port 6 has CDP/LLDP data but port 5 in the LAG dose not. Plus the Dell is not shown in the L2 topology view.

Now Yesterday when I tried changing the setting on the Meraki dashboard under the CDP/LLDP info when looking at port details I had a popup thing saying all VLAN match that too now is not showing up.

So I have two question

1 why is the Dell switch not showing up in the  L2 topology view.

2 why dose only port 6 on the Meraki show CDP/LLDP info not port 5.

One the Dell both ports and LAG is set to advertise CDP/LLDP information.  The LAG is in trunk Mode so on Dell switches it called Switch profile . which is trunk mode.

Now according to Meraki Docs I need to disabled Transparency but I have no idea what that means no setting by that name.

Note: Dell PowerConnect switches have LLDP disabled and Transparency enabled by default. In order to make use of the topology featurein Dashboard, LLDP must be enabled and Transparency must be disabled. The topology will not update immediately and may take some time and is not real-time. 

11 REPLIES 11
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

It sounds to me like the LACP channel might not be formed correctly.  Are the devices actually show both ports operating in a channel?

how would I check that ??

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

There are several ways and this is one.  Go to Switch/Switch Ports and displayed the list of aggregated ports using the "is:aggregated" filter.

Screenshot from 2018-11-05 15-20-03.png

Hover your mouse over to the right of the aggregated port group and click "details".  Make sure it lists the correct number of ports in the group in the "using ports" section.

Screenshot from 2018-11-05 15-21-02.png

yes that I can check sorry was a bit confused on what you meant by channel.

Screen Shot 2018-11-05 at 12.53.00 pm.pngScreen Shot 2018-11-05 at 12.52.51 pm.pngScreen Shot 2018-11-05 at 12.52.48 pm.png

as you can see when I click raw on port 5 I get the switch its self and when clicking raw on port 6 I get the data from dell switchScreen Shot 2018-11-05 at 12.54.26 pm.pngScreen Shot 2018-11-05 at 12.54.19 pm.png

sorry about all these images. Now when I click the menus to view switch ports in the dashboard I only get LLPD data for port 5 if I click details from where you said to on the port view . If I use the menu and go to switch then click on the ports I only get CDP/LLDP data on port 6. 

Now the other day I also used to get a VLAN match item under CDP/LLDP info on details page. and If I click on it it was say VLANS match that is no longer showing up either. I have try added other port to the LAG on the dell switch and change which port in plugged into the dell with no help only port 6 on meraki gets CDP/LLDP data. 

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The port channel looks like it is formed correctly on the Meraki side.  I think you might need to examine this issue further from the Dell side.

sorry again with images but I think it easy to show whats set

LAGLAGScreen Shot 2018-11-05 at 1.21.03 pm.pngScreen Shot 2018-11-05 at 1.21.01 pm.pngScreen Shot 2018-11-05 at 1.20.57 pm.pngScreen Shot 2018-11-05 at 1.20.48 pm.pngScreen Shot 2018-11-05 at 1.20.40 pm.pngScreen Shot 2018-11-05 at 1.20.36 pm.pngScreen Shot 2018-11-05 at 1.20.20 pm.png

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

That looks like it should be right to me.

thanks I have support looking into it,

@Jason1 I know its a long time closed post but where you able to resolve this??

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels