connect meraki SFP module to Dell SFP

MinhTu
Here to help

connect meraki SFP module to Dell SFP

I have a question ,

I want to connect my server with MS410 device by SFP optical port, Server I use DELL's SFP module and MS410 I use Meraki SFP Module. May I ask if they work?

10 REPLIES 10
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If both SFPs are of the same type (eg SFP-1GB-SX) and the Dell server recognizes the SFP it will work without any problems.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

hi Sir,

example , 

SFP module meraki : MA-SFP-10GB-SR for switch MS410

SFP module Dell Server : SFP+ SR Optic for all SFP+ ports except high temp validation warning cards customer install for DELL SERVER R750xs 

it is godd?

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

If both were the same speed (10GB) it should work.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

okay, thank you sir

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I'm sure you are aware, but just to note that the SFP+ transceivers will only work in the 2/4 ports at the right hand end of the switch.  The other ports are 1Gb only.

MinhTu
Here to help

i still understand , so it mean only work on port 33-34 , and port 35-36 is not work, right?

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@MinhTu All of those ports are 10Gb, it is just ports 1-32 in your case that are 1Gb.  On the smaller model 1-16 are 1Gb and 17,18 are 10Gb

MinhTu
Here to help

I still not yet mean understand for you about  :""I'm sure you are aware, but just to note that the SFP+ transceivers will only work in the 2/4 ports at the right hand end of the switch.  The other ports are 1Gb only. ""

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

In the 16 port model only the last two ports (the ones on their own at the right hand side) at 10Gb, in the 32 port model the last 4 ports (again on their own at the right) are 10Gb

MinhTu
Here to help

thank you, i understood

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels