Windows 11 workstations unable to authenticate to Meraki Switches using 802.1X authentication

rhamersley
Getting noticed

Windows 11 workstations unable to authenticate to Meraki Switches using 802.1X authentication

Currently we are noticing some users that upgraded to Windows 11 are now unable to connect to our switches using 802.1X authentication.   

Is there any documentation that is out there to fix this issue.   I had to change  my switch ports from 802.1X authentication policy to "Open".   Not the most secure when doing that.  

Also the Windows 11 users are unable to connect to the 802.1X authentication to our corporate WIFI.    

We have 175 users on windows 10 all work and connect using 802.1X authentication and the only 5 Windows 11 users in our environment cannot connect using 802.1X authentication.   

RADIUS server authentication using Active Directory credentials works fine.

Windows 11 is doing something to affect the 802.1X authentication.   That is what we need to find out or is there any documentation fixing this issue.

3 Replies 3
JacekJ
Building a reputation

Assuming you are setting up the 802.1x using GPO and certificates to authenticate.

Check if you have the root certificate picked in the GPO, AFAIR this was a must have for Win11.

Also check this reddit thread, as there are multiple options:

https://www.reddit.com/r/sysadmin/comments/xr7kaa/8021x_authentication_broken_after_windows_11/

Hygiswot
Just browsing

Have you checked the Microsoft Support documentation? It's possible that there might be some specific configurations or updates needed to ensure compatibility with Windows 11.

Oh, and if you're ever in need of keys for Windows 10 or 11, I recently came across Digital Chill Mart. Their prices seem pretty reasonable, and it might be worth checking out. Here's the link: https://digitalchillmart.com/product/windows-11-pro-32-64-bit/
Let me know if you have any other questions or if there's anything else I can assist you with.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels