Will LIC-MS210-24P-3YR license work on MS210-24-HW Device?

Solved
CarloVazquez222
Comes here often

Will LIC-MS210-24P-3YR license work on MS210-24-HW Device?

We have a LIC-MS210-24P-3YR license but our device is MS210-24-HW. Will it work?

1 Accepted Solution
rhbirkelund
Kind of a big deal

No, you need the exact license that matches your device.

LinkedIn ::: https://blog.rhbirkelund.dk/

Like what you see? - Give a Kudo ## Did it answer your question? - Mark it as a Solution 🙂

All code examples are provided as is. Responsibility for Code execution lies solely your own.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
rhbirkelund
Kind of a big deal

No, you need the exact license that matches your device.

LinkedIn ::: https://blog.rhbirkelund.dk/

Like what you see? - Give a Kudo ## Did it answer your question? - Mark it as a Solution 🙂

All code examples are provided as is. Responsibility for Code execution lies solely your own.
KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

In the future, the upcoming Subscription Licensing can cover both under the common "MS200 Medium" license.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

That future exists now.  🙂

Note that if you have an existing Meraki org you can only change to a subscription licence AFTER the current subscription has expired.  You can buy the subscription before hand - you just can't apply it till after expiry.

KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Yes, I am also waiting for them to offer the option to migrate to the new license. For nearly all customers it still is the "future" because co-term is far away.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Oh yeah, I  also have exactly that problem.  I have only been able to pitch subscription licencing to a single customer ... and Cisco is telling me this is likely to be the first Meraki subscription sale in our entire geographic theatre.  Gosh, I am feeling so confident that everything is going to go perfectly.

KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

We all thank you for your effort to sort out all potential problems and to report on how to do it better! 😁

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels