Warm Spare Setup for MS350 and MS320

JohnBVROP
Comes here often

Warm Spare Setup for MS350 and MS320

Looking for some help setting up a warm spare between a MS350 and a MS320.

I have them connected together through a LAG on the SFP+ ports

Both have L3 Routing enabled.

My issue is that when I click on the warm spare I am presented with a 'No Warm Candidates' available.

Both of these switches are connected to my Sophos UTM in port 1 and port 5.

I cannot stack these two since the MS320 does not having the stacking ports.

I'm thinking that it may have to with me creating some L3 interfaces, but not quite sure.

I looked through the guide and it wasn't much help.

Any help would be greatly apprecaited.

Thank you

5 REPLIES 5
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

These switches are not really in the same product family.  The MS320 has gone EOS.  The replacement part is listed as an MS250 ... so definitely not in the same series as an MS350.

https://meraki.cisco.com/lib/pdf/eol/meraki_eol_ms320.pdf

Thank you for that information, although not quite sure how it addresses my question.

m_Andrew
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Warm Spare configurations are supported only with like model switches. You can configure it using 2x MS320 switches, or 2x MS350 switches, but not between an MS320 and MS350.

Thank you for letting me know. I was starting to wonder that. Seems kind of weird for that but it is what it is.

Thank you again.

Is there any way to setup backup routes on the MS350 out another interface connected to our firewall so I can just turn off a route is the MS320 goes down and allow some users to have internet access?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels