Warm Spare ( MS425-16-HW )

SOLVED
Asher
Here to help

Warm Spare ( MS425-16-HW )

Hi,

I am using 2 MS425-16-HW switches and I am configuring Warm spare on it. 

1. Do i need to make a physical connection between Primary & Spare switch? If yes, can I use the QSFP port i.e 17 and 18 port to make the connectivity?

2. can I use Meraki 40GbE QSFP Cable to do the connectivity?

Thanks in Advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

1. Yes you need to make a physical connection.  Yes you can use the QFSP ports 17 and 18 - but you need to go into the Dashboard first and make sure you have disabled stacking on those two ports.

2. Yes you can use the Meraki 40Gbe QFSP cables.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

1. Yes you need to make a physical connection.  Yes you can use the QFSP ports 17 and 18 - but you need to go into the Dashboard first and make sure you have disabled stacking on those two ports.

2. Yes you can use the Meraki 40Gbe QFSP cables.

Thanks it worked Warm spare is configured.

But I also need to configure OSPF  on the network. Seem like it doesn't support simultaneously.

What will be the possible way to advertise network while using H.A.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You are correct - OSPF and warm spare can not be used on an MS at the same time.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MS/Layer_3_Switching/MS_Warm_Spare_(VRRP)_Overview

"Warm Spare and OSPF cannot operate simultaneously."

Your best bet will be to stack the two switches.  Then you can use OSPF.  It will also provide default gateway protection.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels