The cabling job only looks a little ugly because you've got a longer cable than is necessary so your eye just see's the big loops.
As @GIdenJoe mentioned, getting some shorter cables might help.
Some other general guidelines:
- Micro/Slimline cables make a world of difference
- Cable management (where it works)
- Velcro cut to various sizes as needed
- Try to keep cable runs going to similar sides of the rack. Eg. Most cables going to switch 1go left while cables going to switch 2 go right. Or left half of the switch runs left, right half of the switch runs right.
- Where possible, use appropriately sized cables. In the real world this isn't always possible but the worst cabling jobs are where you find a 2m ethernet cable for a 20cm connection, and the rest of it is looped up somewhere.