Trouble getting Fiber ADVA working with MX64 - Help greatly appreciated!

LostITguy
New here

Trouble getting Fiber ADVA working with MX64 - Help greatly appreciated!

Hello,

I am fairly new at networking, so I am running into a little trouble understanding what I need to do to get things working. Hopefully, I am posting in the right section.

Current Internet Configuration:

Spectrum modem/router connects to our Cisco Meraki MX64 connected to Cisco SG300-MP switch.

New Internet Configuration that I need to set-up:

Fiber company installed a ADVA FSP 150CC-GE112 which hands off a static public IP. According to the fiber technician, we will need to "FW to NAT our internal addresss".

For the life of me, I cannot figure out how to set-up MX64 to work with the ADVA FSP150. Am I missing a piece of equipment in between?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

- Lost IT guy

2 REPLIES 2
WadeAlsup
A model citizen

Hi @LostITguy

Is the MX Uplink WAN port currently configured for Static or DHCP for the public addressing?

http://wired.meraki.com/#configure should take you to the local status page for your MX to verify. There you can see if the MX is successfully getting a Public address via DHCP or you can plug in your static information.  

Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below) and If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution 🙂

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels