Switch port with VOIP

Upendra1
New here

Switch port with VOIP

Hello,

one our our customer has connected shoretel IP phones to MS220-8P with voice VLAN.

But have an ongoing issue at one of our SDWAN connected sites. (using Meraki)  The issue is with voice phone quality.  (ShoreTel phone system).

issue is like a user calls to an extension number and call gets dropped randomly and sometimes caller can hear a voice of other person but the other person couldn't hear anything.

And it is happening with only one particular extension(e.g 4414).

can anyone tell me what all i need to check from meraki switch as i am new to Cisco Meraki.

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
Dylan_YYC
Getting noticed

Hmm... played around with QoS at all? i suspect since its not a Meraki phone, you may need to setup custom rules. 

okay. can you suggest me custom rules like what??

I haven't played with it too much in my environment, as i dont have VoIP - yet. 
But i think Meraki makes it easy to classify traffic on a port as voice traffic, setting its QoS priority higher. 

In this case, Meraki documentation will be a friend. Check this out: Link to FAQ about VoIP

thanks
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

was this problem also before? or did it start after an update or something?

one way call is most likely not a qos issue. 

Bowdy08
Comes here often

I would check the phone as well.  What model is it, 230, 486?  I use ShoreTel as well and configured the QoS in Configure, Switch Settings.  Select your VLAN and leave the Protocol to Any, set the DSCP to... 46 -> class 3 (EF Voice).  Check the settings of the physical port the phone is plugged into and make sure you designated your voice vlan.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels