Switch can not connect to Radius Server

soundman353
Here to help

Switch can not connect to Radius Server

Hello All,

I am trying to setup 802.1X on our network. I have everything setup and tested, but one switch on the main stack can not connect to the RADIUS server. The switch can not ping the RADIUS Servers and the servers can not ping the switch. No ACL are in place, the servers and switches are on seperate subnets. The rest of the Meraki devices pass the RADIUS test. I checked that log files but nothing was under 802.1X.

Thanks,

Shawn

Switch TestSwitch Test

5 REPLIES 5
NolanHerring
Kind of a big deal

First issue is them being able to reach each other. I would start with figuring that out first. Then look to make sure you have the switch IP address added as one of the network devices within your radius server for authentication.
Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Does the switch that can not connect have its management IP in the same subnet and VLAN as the other switches which do work?

@PhilipDAth wrote:

Does the switch that can not connect have its management IP in the same subnet and VLAN as the other switches which do work?

Yes they do, the first member of the stack is x.x.x.10 and the second member is x.x.x.11, both in VLAN 10 and with /24 subnet mask. The second member is the one with the connection issue. The other switches not in the stack are x.x.x.12, x.x.x.13, x.x.x.150, x.x.x.151.

Are there any log entries on the RADIUS server for the failed host? 

I changed the IP address of the switch in question and verified that the rest of configuration is correct. However there is still no ping or RADIUS communication. Also no errors on the server side.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels