SSO with Azure AD for Meraki Partners Multiple Dashboard Accounts

slaviagomes
New here

SSO with Azure AD for Meraki Partners Multiple Dashboard Accounts

Hello, we heavily use Meraki for both internal and our clients. We are integrating SSO with Azure AD across our company (internal). At the moment, our techs are sharing a login that is attached to each one of our client dashboards. In the perfect world, our techs will use their own internal Azure AD credentials to access these client dashboards. Has anyone accomplished this, and how? I know Meraki can do SSO to each azure tenant that we administer. Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I have it setup and working, mostly show I can show people who ask.

The Microsoft SAML Idp is the crapiest product in the SAML Idp market.  It works, but once you have used other products you'll understand how bad it is.

Personally I would use another other solution you can find first.  Of course, I can recommend Cisco Duo (specifically you would use the Duo Access Gateway).

Perhaps I'm being too harsh.  If the only requirements are you want are to be able to login with Azure credentials and have a small team then it works.

There is no centralised control over each users launch portal.  So you'll have to get each of your users to manually add the app from the Azure app gallery once you have it setup.

You have zero administrative control over the users' app portal.  Microsoft has been given a lot of stick over this particular issue.

There is no logging or auditing on the Azure side, and I don't think you'll have able to create any kind of fine-grained control for the Meraki side, so as long as you are going to give everyone the same access that should be fine.

So how did you execute this? We have the same use case with multiple clients, multiple dashboards, and wanting to use Azure SSO to see if we can land on the MSP portal to access them all. We've been able to create individual "apps" for each client dashboard, but our working config relies on each dashboard to have different tenant ids (nXXX.meraki.com) and we just came across our first duplicate. 

Any assistance here would be apprecaited!

FrankConverged
New here

I am also having the the same issue.  Did you ever fine a solution?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels