SFP for Switches

nst1
Building a reputation

SFP for Switches

Can I use a fiber and ethernet SFP from another brand in my Meraki switches?

9 REPLIES 9
WadeAlsup
A model citizen

Hi @nst1

I currently have some AddOn brand and Proline Options brand SFP modules that are working just fine, so I would say yes. I can only assume that it has less to do with the brand and more with the standard being used. 

Meraki Supported Modules

Meraki SFP datasheet

Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below) and If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution 🙂
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

On the whole it usually works fine.  However if you need to contact Cisco Meraki Support and they think it might be an issue related to the SFP, they may ask you to make your solution supported before helping you further.

jdsilva
Kind of a big deal

I have run into SFP's that don't work (I'm looking at you Alcatel 1Gbase-T SFPs), but for the most part they work just fine.

Pete_RMOW
Getting noticed

I can confirm that Addon and FS.com SFPs work in the Meraki switches, but as PhilipDAth mentioned you may run into issues with Cisco Meraki support with non-genuine SFPs. For this reason, I keep a few genuine Cisco Meraki SFPs as spare.

chuyendang
Getting noticed

We use Finisar SFP+. Work great without an issue

Generally they make a lot of the "genuine" SFP's anyways for Cisco so that makes sense 😉

Short answer is yes. 

Klose
Conversationalist

Of course, that is definitely allowed. Most switches support the third party compatibility. 

Klose
Conversationalist

Of course, that is definitely allowed. Most switches support the third party compatibility.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels