Remote configuration of Wan uplink possible?

StefanoFereri
Comes here often

Remote configuration of Wan uplink possible?

Hi,

our MS220 on a remote site was connected to a second Wan uplink for a new internet provider (on port 23). This was done by a technician of this provider. The switch still is reachable via old provider on port 24. Port 23 is configured with different settings (native Vlan 1, Vlans 100-102, DHCP on Vlan 100). When I simply activate port 23 and deactivate port 24 switch goes offline, which is somehow expected. After a while it comes back, presumably because of its self healing features.

How can I make it to switch over to the new Wan uplink? Is there a way to inject a different configuration and reboot the switch via cloud, so that the new configuration comes active?

Thanks and regards

Stefano

6 Replies 6
KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

What exactly do you want to change? You say the switch comes back after shutting down the old port. What else do you want to achieve?

Hi,

sorry, should have been clearer. It comes back - but with old config and reactivated port 24.

ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Enable both ports.

Then set the management ip setting of the switch to dhcp @Vlan 100. Wait till it gets the ip from vlan 100. Then also set the management vlan to 100 at switch >switch settings

Then shutdown port 24?

StefanoFereri
Comes here often

Hi ww,

I tried that, but it never gets IP from Vlan 100. Message is "This device is using a DHCP IP address from VLAN 10 instead of using configured VLAN 100".

Any idea?

Thanks

Stefano

ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Make a packet capture on port 23 and see if the switch send a dhcp  discover and gets  a offer back on vlan 100. 

Or try set a static ip or vlan 100

Slobs2
Getting noticed

You'll want both ports up, then edit the IP info for the switch (changing the IP, VLAN, etc accordingly), and then you should be able to disable the old port.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels