Register for the Live Webinar: Adaptive Policy - Set Once, Secure Forever

AmelieS
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

Register for the Live Webinar: Adaptive Policy - Set Once, Secure Forever

Hello Community Friends!

We are having a brand new LIVE webinar on 4/30 at 10AM PST introducing Adaptive Policy!

This feature enforces security with identity-based policies across all sites just by setting it up once. Join our webinar on to learn how Adaptive Policy helps you: 

• Configure consistent policies centrally with a single set-up
  • Ensure security is enforced across all sites 
  • Eliminate time-consuming, repetitive, individual site configuration

Register here: https://meraki.cisco.com/webinars/signup/3521/adaptive-policy-set-once-secure-forever/21083777

We love hearing your feedback so tell us why you're interested in this webinar by replying to this thread!

See you there!

24 REPLIES 24
Jwiley78
Building a reputation

Looks interesting.

DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Shame we need to implement the MS390 into the design!  Could a similar design be achieved by using ISE with a Meraki stack - MX, MS, MR?

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

MR supports it, but only the MS390.  None of the other MS.  MX does not support it.

DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Hi @PhilipDAth , so would that require a full deployment of only MS390's or could you deploy at the core and something like the MS225's at the edge?

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.
AmelieS
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

Hi UCcert, you won't have to swap out every switch for the MS390. As long as you have one MS390 at each core or branch location, Adaptive Policy should be able to cover it.

AmelieS
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

While you are right Philip, the MX will support Adaptive Policy in the future. 

AmelieS
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

@DarrenOC I wanted to clarify a bit more: Yes you can use ISE with the Meraki stack but you will need either the MS390 or *select Cisco Catalyst for switching, and pair with Meraki MR Wi-Fi 5 Wave 2 and 6 models. The MS390 is currently the only Meraki switch model that supports Adaptive Policy. 

If you have Cisco TrustSec or SDA, it will be compatible with Adaptive Policy. Hope that clears things up.

GIdenJoe
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

In my understanding Adaptive policy will be an implementation of Trustsec.

On switches this requires hardware support to be able to forward frames with an extra L2 header like that.
Since that has always been a Cisco only thing, the current MS switches cannot support it.  But since the new MS390 uses the UADP chip from Cisco it has the hardware support.

MX appliances are like routers that do advanced forwarding using software.  So they can support this through software support only.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

>MX appliances are like routers that do advanced forwarding using software

No, they have switch module in them for forwarding between the LAN ports in the same VLAN.  That's why we can't get things added like spanning tree, LACP, etc.

The WAN ports however will use software forwarding as will forwarding between VLANs.

GIdenJoe
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I stand corrected 😉

I never really consider the MX to forward between LANs as much as I do to the internet.  But still in that regard you're right.

We are working towards bringing adaptive policy to the MX and should support most of the current platforms out today from a hardware perspective. Official support has yet to be determined but we are hoping for a beta of SGT being carried over AutoVPN on MX sometime Q1 FY21. 

CCIEw# 45253 / CWNE# 249 / Principal TME - Meraki Product
Pedrovaranda
Here to help

Let's learn more
Pedro Varanda
GIdenJoe
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@AmelieS, I clicked the green button on the registration page.  The page seems to reload but I don't see anything else.
How do I know I'm subscribed?

AmelieS
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

@GIdenJoe To complete registration, you will have to fill out the form with your name, email address, etc. This way, you'll get an email reminder about the webinar and have a spot for you 🙂 Let me know if you continue having a problem. 

GIdenJoe
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

It was a browser issue.
The right part was not showing at all.  I had to grab back at iexplore 😜

redsector
Head in the Cloud

Still too many "known problems" with that MS390.

NeilPN
Here to help

Looking forward to this.

I'm interested to see how the MS390 will integrate with the non adaptive policy enabled devices. What point the tag is applied and policy enforced. 

DavidSisung
Here to help

Hello, I am new to Meraki and my organization is purchasing MS390s to replace our old EoL Cisco switches for our environment. I am very interested in watching this webinar but unfortunately, I missed it. Is there a way to receive a recording of this?

MeredithW
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

@DavidSisung wrote:

Hello, I am new to Meraki and my organization is purchasing MS390s to replace our old EoL Cisco switches for our environment. I am very interested in watching this webinar but unfortunately, I missed it. Is there a way to receive a recording of this?

No problem! Here it is:

https://merakiresources.cisco.com/m-english-on-demand-webinar-adaptive-policy.html

Meredith W | Community Manager, Cisco Meraki

Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below) New to the community? Get started here
Jimmy_D
Conversationalist

Hi @MeredithW I've tried to view that webinar but the form is getting stuck on 'Please Wait' after entering all my details, tried different browsers. Unsure if its mentioned in the video, I was trying to find out if there is any scheduled release date for the Adaptive Policy features? Thanks.

MeredithW
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

@Jimmy_D wrote:

Hi @MeredithW I've tried to view that webinar but the form is getting stuck on 'Please Wait' after entering all my details, tried different browsers. Unsure if its mentioned in the video, I was trying to find out if there is any scheduled release date for the Adaptive Policy features? Thanks.

May 19th  is the release of Adaptive Policy!

Meredith W | Community Manager, Cisco Meraki

Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below) New to the community? Get started here
Jimmy_D
Conversationalist

Hi @MeredithW

I've waited a few days and was able to view that webinar, I can see within the demo for this new feature it appears under the Organization menu as 'Adaptive Policy'.

I have some MS390's within my networks and this menu item does not appear, can you confirm if the May 19th release date is a beta 'opt-in' date? If so what is the general release date? And what is the process to enable the beta if we wish to begin using?

Thanks.

Hi @Jimmy_D 

you need to have the Advanced (not Enterprise) licensing for the M390  - you also need to open a support case to have them install MS14 beta Firmware on the MS390 + Enable adaptive policy feature in your dashboard- mention this email thread in the case.. if that fails involve your Meraki Sales Rep... this is how we got it enabled in our dashboard.

in my opinion the Webinar was too general.. the demo by the SE was very brief and really skimmed over things like how do you assign SGT tags to individual AD users connecting via WIFI to the MR device using Certificate /Meraki Radius /SM integrated clients.. or how does the MS390 pass SGT tag to other Catalyst switches..or ISE integration - it was more like.. here is how to assign an SGT tag to all clients on this SSID or to this specific port# on the MS390 - I would like to see a more in-depth demo

AmelieS
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

Hi @Jimmy_D ,

Adaptive Policy is in beta release right now. If you'd like to test out the feature, you will have to request it from your Meraki rep and they can add you into the beta program. 

Hope this helps!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels