Power cycle individual stacked node = lose connectivity

SeniorFeet
Comes here often

Power cycle individual stacked node = lose connectivity

Fairly new to Meraki switches.  We have a pair of Meraki 425s that are stacked.  We have aggregate ports set up across the two switches to the rest of our network for improved throughput and what we thought was resiliency.

We've just had to power cycle one of the switches to sort out some power cabling issues and in doing so we lost completely connectivity to the stack (and all traffic through said switches was dropped), I'd expect a few dropped pings but not what we experienced.   Connectivity would seem to come back up briefly only for it to drop again and it took about 5 minutes to sort itself out. 

Is this to be expected or out of the norm?  It's hard to tell as during this the Meraki portal was unavailable for me as well (not due to network connectivity issues) so I couldn't get on to have a look at any of the diagnostics.

Just to add, these are currently running as layer 2 but the plan is to shortly move these to layer 3 and essentially be the core of our network.

2 Replies 2
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@SeniorFeet that certainly doesn't happen with a stack of MS355s...  What firmware are you running and are you stacking them with the QSFP+ ports on the end?

SeniorFeet
Comes here often

Switches are running Firmware MS 16.7, and yes stacking with QSFP+ Ports.   I'm going to give it another test shortly as I thought it didn't seem right.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels