Power Cord, Power Supply Unit (PSU) for a newby

Solved
JonathanHa
Here to help

Power Cord, Power Supply Unit (PSU) for a newby

Hey everyone,

I am very new to Meraki products and never held one in my hand till now. While I am planning various roll-outs with Meraki hardware I am here to get assistance in checking if the hardware ordering was correct in terms of powering the new devices.

What's ordered:

• MA-PWR-CORD-EU (Qty: 21)
  • MA-PWR-250WAC (Qty: 2)

For:

• MS120-8FP:

MS210-24P:

MS210-48FP:

MS410-16:

Looking into the data sheets I assume the MS410 will be powered by 250WAC:

250W power supply

MA-PWR-250WAC 

MS250-24, MS250-48, MS350-24, MS350-48, MS410, MS425

640W power supply

MA-PWR-640WAC 

MS250-24P, MS250-48LP, MS350-24P, MS350-48LP 

1025W power supply

MA-PWR-1025WAC

MS250-24P, MS250-48FP, MS350-24X, MS350-48FP

Is it only possible to check if the PWR-CORD-EU cables are correct to supply the MS210 and MS120 by checking the order or can someone here help me to validate by purely looking into the information I provide?

Fyi: There will be a total of around 90 MR APs powered via PoE via the MS210.

I feel to say sorry to the community for asking such basic question, but I am a big fan of communities (and "The art of community" by Charles Vogl) and took my best effort to bring up my topic the right way. Thanks in advance and sorry for the long post.

Jonathan

1 Accepted Solution
GreenMan
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Assuming that -EU is the right connector for your installed power system, those are the right power cords for both the switch models you mention.   You'll notice they have the 'notch' associated with IEC C15 / 16 - this is because they're rated for the additional current/heat for higher power demands such as PoE.   These are also backwardly compatible with non-PoE models (C13 / 14) which have no notch.

Whether -EU is right for you depends partly on the country of install, but also on how you're delivering power - e.g. are you using a multi-socket PDU of some sort?),

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
GreenMan
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Assuming that -EU is the right connector for your installed power system, those are the right power cords for both the switch models you mention.   You'll notice they have the 'notch' associated with IEC C15 / 16 - this is because they're rated for the additional current/heat for higher power demands such as PoE.   These are also backwardly compatible with non-PoE models (C13 / 14) which have no notch.

Whether -EU is right for you depends partly on the country of install, but also on how you're delivering power - e.g. are you using a multi-socket PDU of some sort?),

Hey @GreenMan THANKS A LOT for your rapid reply, that'll help a lot.
EU is correct, country of installation will be Germany for this and all following sites to migrate. The power delivery will be via multi-socket PDUs such as "Bachmann 333.404 19 socket outlet ALU 1U RAL7035 8-way with overvoltage pro ~E~" you might have heard of!?

JonathanHa_0-1686041723029.png

I think these are high class products and are widely used in german enterprise environments.

Thank you very very much! This has been a good experience and I will come back here for requests in the future, thanks to you... (Currently searching for migration run books to look into to better prepare the first migration and learn from there).

Have a great day!
Jonathan

GreenMan
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

As I'm UK-based, I'm not familiar with those unfortunately, but they look pretty standard to the untrained eye.  If anyone more local has extra info / advice, I'm sure they'll shout up!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels