POE issues with MS220-8P and Ubiquity UAP-AC-LITE

jpbrookes
New here

POE issues with MS220-8P and Ubiquity UAP-AC-LITE

I'm having issues trying to power my Ubiquity UAP-AC-LITE from a MS220-8P switch, the POE logo appears in the switch config but doesn't actually turn the device on. The device is compatible with  802.3af/A PoE & 24V PoE modes and works fine with an injector?

4 REPLIES 4
GunnarS
New here

Same for me.

If I do a cabeltest it's fine if a have power injector but if I want Meraki to provide power and do a cabeltest I get error on random pairs??? See pics, the one with all green and OK is when I use powerinjector.

Skärmavbild 2018-01-17 kl. 14.10.01.pngSkärmavbild 2018-01-17 kl. 14.10.19.pngSkärmavbild 2018-01-17 kl. 14.10.37.png

BHC_RESORTS
Head in the Cloud

Pretty sure the UAP-AC-LITE only supports passive PoE native. It "supports" 802.3af through the use of a proprietary Ubnt injector.

BHC Resorts IT Department
MRCUR
Kind of a big deal

@BHC_RESORTS wrote:

Pretty sure the UAP-AC-LITE only supports passive PoE native. It "supports" 802.3af through the use of a proprietary Ubnt injector.

It does support 802.3 now, but you need a unit that specifically supports it. The Lite didn't always support it, so unless the box has a sticker on it indicating compatibility, then it won't work.

MRCUR | CMNO #12
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels