New switch idea

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

New switch idea

I'd really like Meraki to make an MS325-8FP switch, essentially 8 PoE+ (or possibly UPoe) multiGig RJ-45 ports and two SFP+ uplink ports.  It should ideally be the same size as the MS-120-8FP and would generally be used in a satellite patch room where you might have a couple of APs and a small number of other devices, or a home...  Single integrated PSU with RPS-2300 connector for failover if required to keep the costs down.

What does everyone else think?

6 REPLIES 6
KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Meraki, shut up and take my money!!!

CptnCrnch
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Count me in!

DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

“Make A Wish”

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I'm thinking you mean MS355-8FP.

This would also be great for customers with small numbers of servers needing to hook them all together at 10Gbe.

I frequently get customers with 3 to 5 servers with 10GBaseT and a 10GBaseT NAS.  I could accommodate them with a pair of these switches in a dedicated switch block, and then patch these switches back to the network core.

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@PhilipDAth I did originally think of that, but decided to move it down to a 325 as I don't want the cost and required space for a redundant internal power supply.  Therefore I was looking at the 250 vs 225 and extrapolated that to the multiGig 3 series.  It also doesn't need the advanced L3 features of the x5x series, only the more limited x25 feature set, being used for edge, home or iSCSI as you stated.

redsector
Head in the Cloud

Yes please a MS225 PoE+ with multigig ports. Is a must have!!!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels