Network Usage issue

alehal
Here to help

Network Usage issue

Hello

Past few week our school has been getting daily network usage Warning emails

The 20 minute usage on the network from 10:20 AM to 10:40 AM EDT on May 20 was 111.75 GB

The usage number changes from little lower then this or higher

I checked our summary report and top items are coming from our Avigilon camera server the rest top ten are also camera related

Avigilon 

27.33%
N88386 

21.61%

Has anyone ever delt with issue like this before and what could we do to resolve this issue. Is this cabling issue or something else

3 Replies 3
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

It is not a cabling issue.  This is simple data transfer.

Try clicking on the client, then on the right hand side under the pie chart click on "Show Details", and look at the type of traffic it says it is generating.

PhilipDAth_0-1716237346962.png

This is what I am seeing when go into details for appliccations. UDP items all from camera softwares we have. Thinking might need to talk security to see if they made some changes might be causing this

alehal_0-1716293668512.png

cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

This is likely the camera video streams.  Are you saying that the traffic was no there before?  Look at the source and destination IP addresses, I'd expect that they are the cameras and the NVRs.  If not then can you work out what they are?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels