Meraki switches cleaning

Solved
Grégory
Conversationalist

Meraki switches cleaning

Hello,

We will provide a IP network into a building with meraki switches. The owner of the building want us to open the switches to clean the dust. 

Is it allowed by meraki to do such thing ? Or it will break the warranty ?

I didn't find any documentation about that specific subject or how it should be opened safely. 

Thank you very much,

Grégory 

1 Accepted Solution
Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I've honestly never tried to open up a Meraki switch. Assuming you can, I imagine it runs along the same lines as most enterprise gear, in that you take on all risk of any damage during the process.

In my opinion, compressed air and a vacuum to clean any dust out of the ports and vents should be plenty adequate. You shouldn't need to open up the entire switch.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
Brash
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I've honestly never tried to open up a Meraki switch. Assuming you can, I imagine it runs along the same lines as most enterprise gear, in that you take on all risk of any damage during the process.

In my opinion, compressed air and a vacuum to clean any dust out of the ports and vents should be plenty adequate. You shouldn't need to open up the entire switch.

Grégory
Conversationalist

Thank you very much.

We will try to tell that to the client.

Have a nice day !

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels